5. Resist the urge to say, "Maybe a little more off the bangs?" when your child is getting a haircut. I never had to worry about this with Sammy since he has wavy hair, but Sebastian's is bone straight, so short bangs are really, REALLY obvious. Really.
4. Go big or go home with homemade Halloween costumes. This "Reds vendor" costume was 100% Brie's idea, and it took relatively little time, money and craftiness to bring it to fruition! The fact that it was homemade made it that much more rewarding for both of us. I loved how joyful Brie was in showing it off!!
3. Deep breaths, friends. Weekly I think/pray/hope to myself that, in the crazy and stressful moments of parenting, I will be able to find the wherewithal to take a deep breath and let the moment pass. SO much easier said than done, am I right? But...when I have been able to do it, it's amazing because an hour later, I can hardly remember what was so frustrating. But if I flip my lid, I definitely remember that...and I'm rarely proud of it.
Like when your kids are going bonkers from popsicles you gave them (despite knowing the popsicles would make them go bonkers)...
Or when the littlest angel raids my closet and tries on one of my (white) shirts...
Or insists on wearing Brie's mittens and carrying a (heavy) lunchbox of toy trains to the bus stop when we're already running late...
You get the point. Moments (even stressful ones) are fleeting. Inhale, exhale, repeat...
1. Show your friends some love. I really can't imagine if we hadn't made the drive to Chicago to visit our sick friend Danielle back in October. We made a long weekend of wonderful memories with her and her family...and then she was gone just two weeks later. If you have the opportunity, visit, call, write, and text your friends (healthy or not!) to show them how much you care and appreciate them. You'll never be sorry that you did.
Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy 2017!!







No comments:
Post a Comment