Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kitchen Proud

As many of you know, we are quite busy lately with fixing up our home since we'll likely be selling it in the spring! These days, if you ask Sammy where we should drive when we get in the car, he either says, "School!" or "Home Depot!"...that's how serious this fixing-up thing is!

One area of the house where we've been focusing a lot of attention is the kitchen. So without further ado, here are the before photos of our old (but cute??) formica countertops, complete with custom wood trim, as well as our old sink and faucet:


And here are the afters (drumroll please!):


We're very pleased with how nicely everything turned out!! The new sink is huge (thanks for the suggestion, Danielle!)...you seriously could bathe a small child in it.  Our new faucet is really nice...and we can't stop admiring our new countertops...thanks, Home Depot!  Now if you'll excuse me, I think I hear a prospective buyer knocking...

P.S.  If any of you are thinking (like we were), "That old white sink was really nice...and the faucet, too! What became of them??"...well, have no fear. They're in our garage and may very well go with us to our next residence. We also loved the white (cast iron!) sink that welcomed us when we returned home from Japan, and the faucet we chose when we moved in. It would be nice to resurrect them in our future home!

3 comments:

A. said...

Very nice! I can't wait to get new countertops and a big deep sink (we have formica and a dinky divided sink right now). Are you guys relocating, or staying in NC?

Steph said...

Not sure if we're leaving NC, but we likely will. We'll know more in the spring...promise to keep everyone posted!!

mare said...

You guys are going to leave NC before I get there? Where are you considering? Closer to family I expect.