I mentioned in a previous post that I wish the "nesting" instinct of thorough spring cleaning wasn't something that hit me only during pregnancy. Our house would look amazing if I always felt like this!
Another natural byproduct of nesting (at least one that I've been experiencing a lot of lately) is that of being a home body. We took a few short trips in April and May, and both times, it felt unbelievably good to come home. Actually, it just feels awesome to be in our home. We'll be celebrating two years in our Montgomery house right around when Baby arrives, and we enjoy and love it more every day. Of course, we've put a lot of time, DIY sweat, and money into making it just right for us, but it pays off all the time. What a good feeling to have when you are about to welcome a new member into your family!!
Speaking of which, here's my shadow at the Montgomery Farmer's Market this past Saturday. I'm rockin' a basketball belly, my purse, and my bag with locally made hummus and fresh pastries. Watch out, fellow shoppers!
Back to what I was talking about above (nesting!)...Baby D3's room is pretty much done! It's still a spare bedroom (since beds make great changing tables and places to nurse!), so we kept the same color scheme of dark blue, light blue and little pops of yellow and poppy red...
And added a trellis rug that was a steal. If Baby destroys it, then we'll just toss it in a year! ;-)
From the other side of the room, you can see the lantern bouquet that I put together, as well as the dresser. This was my inspiration for the lanterns.
Cute baby shoes!
A few fun photos, framed prints and the poppy red knobs I found:
And here is the mobile I made out of cardstock, fishing wire and a piece of bamboo that we had in the garage. My sister-in-law made a similar one, and then I saw this one online, too. (For the record, neither Tony nor I stood in our crib. We moved it out of the way when we hung the mobile.)
Can you spot the red rocket ship to the stars??
I also hung some of Sammy's and Brie's sweet artwork for Baby. Here's the unicorn that Sammy made:
And the stamp work that Brie did...looks as pretty as wrapping paper!
Finally, I mounted the kids' baby hats in a shadow box. We'll add one more very soon!
Some of the other frames we've hung are still "empty," but we'll put Baby's pictures in at a later date. :-)
I also thought it would be fun to let Sammy and Brie each choose a little addition to the nursery, so we went to Lowe's and they picked out new fan pulls for the Pepto pink fan that already existed in the room; every room needs a little pink, right?? (These pulls would replace some pink butterfly ones that were already there.) Brie chose the baseball and Sammy chose the basketball. I have a feeling they'll be teaching their little brother all about both sports in no time!
Tony and I also replaced the little lampshades, so they're not pink anymore either. Much improved!
So that's where we stand with the nesting bug!
As for baby names (as referenced in the subject), we seem to have made some headway, though we're going to wait and make the official announcement on Baby's birthday. Some fun suggestions of late from the big siblings include:
Mustard
Hercules (always a favorite)
Raspberry (also still a favorite)
and Hercules Raspberry De Falco
Food and Greek mythology...hmmm... We'll keep you posted!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment