The pre-K students at Sammy's school got to go on a field trip today, and I got to be a parent chaperone...firsts for both Sammy and me! Sammy did think it was rather novel that he and his classmates got to leave school for a fun outing, but for me, it was a big milestone! First of all, my little guy is growing up! And, second, I have such fond memories of my parents accompanying me and my classmates on a variety of field trips--ranging from fire stations and zoos to a dairy in Kansas, the
Christkindlmarkt in Nurnberg, Germany, and the
Bishop Museum in Hawaii--that I couldn't help but feel like I put a big notch in my parenthood belt today by joining Sammy on his very first field trip. Can you tell I was pretty excited?
The field trip was like a big picnic for the kids, parents and teachers; together we celebrated
Sukkot with a delicious lunch in the JCC's
sukkah. It was a beautiful day to do crafts, dance, goof off and eat outside...and we all had a great time!
Chag sameach, everyone, and here's to many more field trip adventures in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment