Sunday, December 6, 2015

Hanukkah Fun 2016

As our kids grow up, Tony and I have found that the holidays just get more and more fun. For example, since we were feeling inspired after seeing last week's Lego Art exhibit, Brie and built a menorah out of Legos today!
Sammy added the Lego police boat to the end...
And it looked pretty awesome all lit up!
The kids opened their first Hanukkah gift with mixed reviews...can you see Brie's face? Apparently, she didn't want "the green one." Oh, if only I were psychic! ;-)
Luckily, she realized pretty quickly that it was the toy she was hoping for and that Sammy would gladly share "the blue one."
I like potato latkes as much as the next person, but the kids had already had some at a party they attended earlier today...so instead, we dined on gnocchi (potato pasta) for dinner! It's still potato and, hey, we're Italian! We ate salmon, too...no real connection to Hanukkah, though I did cook it with some olive oil.

In recent years, donuts have grown in popularity as a fried food option for Hanukkah, so I made sure to pick up a few donuts for dessert. Unlike the green Hover Ball, they were VERY well-received.
Oh, the joy of a donut for dessert!
Happy Hanukkah, everyone! And don't forget...Keep the Han in Hanukkah!
This was an invitation I received for a Hanukkah party. Gosh, I love a good sense of humor!

No comments: