Sunday, January 26, 2014

18 Weeks and Growing

It's hard to believe that I'm already 18 weeks along in this pregnancy!  I guess all the snow days and cold temps we've been having have kept us extra busy...  ;-) 

Here's a quick update on how I'm doing!  Even at 18 weeks, I'm still getting waves of nausea from time to time.  ((sigh))  {For those of you who missed it, my first trimester was the worst of my three pregnancies.  Even with meds, I had trouble keeping food down.  I lived on soup, crackers and bananas.  Did I mention my 2 a.m. Shredded Wheat nibbling??}  At least that is reassurance that Baby D3 is healthy and doing well.  I'm definitely growing, which is quite exciting.  Fewer and fewer of my clothes fit lately, but hey, it's winter and that means comfy clothes and Ugg boots totally fly, right?
The kids are REALLY excited about having a new baby…asking lots of questions about when she will arrive (they STILL think Baby D3 is a girl, so it will be good to set the record straight next week) and how they’ll be able to help out.  Anytime we see a baby when we’re out, they get extremely excited, too, which is very sweet.

I'm starting to feel more and more movement, which is wonderfully reassuring. Baby D3 gave Daddy a good kick last night, so Tony's a believer now, too...haha.

I had forgotten how quickly the pressure builds on your rib cage, how tired you are (especially after lunch for me!), and how hard it is think of middle names!  I've also been plagued with everything from pregnancy acne to major itchiness...largely due to this crazy cold, dry winter we're having.  Oh, well!

On the upside, it has been nice to catch up on years of sleep...and to add extra marshmallows to my hot chocolate, if you know what I mean.  Pregnancy does have many perks!

And, of course, there is so much to forward to:  All things baby!  The sweet smell, the snuggly bundle of love, and staring at that new little face and barely remembering life before s/he arrived.  We're all looking forward to June.

Stay tuned...especially next week...when we'll reveal Baby D3's gender! Until then, remember to vote!

P.S.  Here's my 18-week update with Sammy!  So fun to look back.

No comments: