Saturday, April 16, 2011

One fish, two fish

It's that time of year again! Sammy started swim lessons this morning and he loved it! Last year he sucked his thumb most of the time and clung to me and Tony, but now that he's older, he can follow instructions! He was happy to kick, lie on his back in the water and even put his face in! Here are Sammy and Tony...ready to tackle the H2O! Swimming with yellow plastic balls? Even better! Practicing kicking on his back...
Sammy also enjoyed jumping off the side of the pool into Tony's arms. Last year, this was tough because Sammy wasn't walking yet. We've come a long way in one year! "Bye bye until next week, Pool!"
"And what were the girls doing during the swim lesson?" you ask? We watched Sammy's lesson for awhile... Brie was pretty intrigued... And then she said, "I want to swim, too, Mom! Let's show everyone my cute suit!" So we swam! She liked the water, too, though I couldn't capture any pictures of it since I was the photographer... Phew! That was fun and now we're tired!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

So cute! They both look like they had a lot of fun. I hope they got some good naps out of it, too. Swimming always tuckers -me- out, anyway...