Sunday, September 3, 2017

I put my rug down, flip it and reverse it.

Five years ago in June, Sam and Brie's room had just been painted, I was admiring the cool rug I had ordered for them from Joss & Main, and we had a newly refinished UVa lamp (thanks, Granddaddy Rob!) and lots more to be excited about in their new Cincinnati bedroom.
Who can forget the joy the kids felt when they were reunited with their toys in their new room? Sammy's even playing with the trains that Sebastian can't get enough of these days...
Tony and I still smile when we think about Night #1 (Brie's first night in a big kid bed)...they both did great!!
Their room has evolved over the years. It has been home to owl art and bed tents...
Sea life...
And school masterpieces!
For fun, when we rehung their curtains from Durham, we used our Mt. Fuji walking sticks instead of curtain rods. Yay, for upcycling!
When the kids were both big enough, we assembled the bed frames that Beth and I had grown up with. Brie saw hers and famously exclaimed, "Is that ALL for me?!" Ha!

Chillaxin' in their room...
Ultimately, the room looked pretty much like this!
And this!
With some more art and my two superheroes on the wall!
Well, fast forward two years...Brie moved into Sebastian's old nursery last fall, and Sebastian moved in with Sammy. It's worked well having "Brie's room" and "the boys' room," except that after we gave Brie's space a makeover a few months back, we knew it was time for the boys to have a "new for them" space, too.
First off, (Michael Bolton and) I gave the room a fresh coat of paint. It's still blue, but it's a grayish blue (can you see where the old stops (left) and the new starts (right) above the closet door?). Very nice on the eye...unless you ask Sebastian. See his little pout? He said that he wanted DARK blue or black, not light blue. Oh...
Then we worked on personalization. We took down the old frames and replaced the art with new artwork from Sam and Sebastian...
 As well as some beloved photos.
The cardboard animals were relocated to above the dresser and we picked out navy blue curtains.
The curtain rods are crazy cool. They look just like archery arrows
And then there's this picture of Sammy holding brand-new Sebastian. It makes all the kids swoon. ;-)
I remembered that the rug is reversible, so we flipped it! Now there's more blue and less red, and it feels new!
Did I mention that I found the perfect comforters for my sweet boys?? They make the room extra cozy!
Which I'd say is working wonders these days...
We also brought up the desk from the basement, so Sammy would have a homework/Lego space in their room.
So that's our most recent room update! The boys are thrilled and it truly feels like their space now. Come take a look! :-)

P.S. Not many spaces left in our house to update, but I'm sure I'll find one!

No comments: