Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipsed!

A solar eclipse pretty much took over our world today. It was exciting and a bit over-hyped, but mostly exciting. I was able to borrow a neighbor's glasses, so I did get to see it...pretty amazing.

One friend suggested taking pics of the sun just to see what you get. The cool part was that you could see the eclipse in the photos...but it was off to the side of the sun (see the small crescent shape on the right?)!
I also took a selfie with the sun and the eclipse reflected off my cell phone and onto my cheek. Really neat! I love how I'm squinting so hard because of, well, extreme paranoia!!
Pretty sure my last eclipse was during middle school when we lived in Hawaii. My family even bought a coffee mug to commemorate it. Ha! Now we can all wait for the next one!

No comments: