I took this whole bin (about 70 CDs in total) with me, and they paid me $20 for the lot...so a little over .25 cents/CD. Considering they were just taking up room in our basement and collecting dust, I was very pleased to walk out of their with a Jackson. Combined with a little clothing consignment money that I collected earlier in the week, I've got some extra cash to put toward a family meal out sometime soon. Music to my ears!!
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
CD ya lata!
When I was selling some old books to Half Price Books recently, I learned that they also sell (and therefore buy!) used CDs. This got my wheels turning...Tony and I have been holding onto several dozen music CDs that we haven't touched in nearly ten years. We agreed that the chances of us suddenly wanting to listen to them are pretty small. So we assembled everything that we own, which meant matching up our lose CDs with their cases, and set aside only the handful that are special to us. (This was a very fun trip down memory lane, by the way. My Pulp Fiction CD was the first I ever owned--a gift from a friend in high school who was annoyed that I was still listening to cassette tapes...ha! The remainder I collected throughout college and graduate school, as well as during my travels in Japan and Korea. It also reaffirmed for me that Tony and I like the same kinds of music...no repeats, but a lot of the same genres.) The rest was set to go to Half Price Books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment