For some reason, turning 36 felt more than a wee bit older than turning 35 did last year. Here are a few possible explanations:
Next month, we'll have our last little one. We're really excited, but it's also sad to think of any "lasts" in life.
Tony and I met at age 18, which means we've officially known each other for half our lives. This is wonderful, but does make me feel a bit old, as you can imagine.
And perhaps being pregnant (which makes you feel tired) and turning 36 (which is undeniably in the "advanced maternal age" category, according to my doctor) sounds like a recipe for oldness. I'll keep you posted on this theory...
That said, in nearly every way, Tony and I are 36 years young and plan to stay like that...even after this little guy arrives and causes some major fatigue for a few weeks. Little ones keep you young in the long run, right?? ;-)
Well, enough about lamenting age...it's just a number after all! I'll leave you with some fun photos from the last few weeks, including...the two most recent visits from Nonna and Nonno:
The Blue Ash Memorial Day parade...where I smuggled in a basketball under my shirt and the kids collected A LOT of candy:
Our first trip to the pool this season:
And our visit to Sammy's classroom for his end-of-year portfolio presentation. He was very proud of all the work he did this year in pre-K!In summary, Tony and I are both 36 years old...and I'm 36 weeks pregnant. But...we have lots to celebrate and much to look forward to. Onward and upward (oh, and outward for me)!!
P.S. With four weeks (or less, I hope!) of pregnancy left, I have a few thoughts and the current state of things:
- I will miss the unending motivation I have to organize and tidy things up. Wish that lasted well after Baby's arrival!
- I won't miss the difficulty I have bending over, turning over, sitting down, getting up, chasing Sammy and Brie, etc. Frequent trips to the bathroom won't be missed either...haha.
- I will miss the kicks, movement and other sweet reminders that a little person will be joining our family soon.
- I won't miss Braxton-Hicks contractions. Practice schmatice. Some of mine are exhausting and leave me feeling like I just completed 100 sit-ups!
- I will miss being part of the Pregnant Women's Club. It's been wonderful to be pregnant with some of my closest friends from college, Sammy's and Brie's classmates' parents, members of my Book Club, etc. What a special time to share with the great women in my life!
- I won't miss worrying about labor starting before my mom and Beth arrive a week before I'm due. That means calling a neighbor (possibly at 2 a.m.), so someone can come over and watch S and B. The thought majorly stresses me out!!
- I will (I'm certain) miss the peace, quiet and normalcy of our family of four that we've grown accustomed to for four years. Lots of changes to come!














No comments:
Post a Comment