Combine equal parts Italian-American and Globe-Trotting Army Brat (with a dash of Shiitake Complex) to create the perfect Cutie Pie. (makes 3 servings)
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Recycled Magic (a.k.a. This Old House)
Today was one of those days when you just need to pull a special toy out of your back pocket. Sammy and Brie were very good all morning and we had some downtime before lunch, so I thought, "It's time to surprise them with a classic!" I went in the garage and pulled out a box marked, "Krebs House House" and "Keller." I bet you're thinking, "Huh?" Well, let's just say this surprise dates back many years...33 to be exact. Beth and I used to play with it in elementary school (and before!) and it used to belong in our basement (or cellar) playroom in Germany (hence the word "Keller") on the box. So what makes this the "Krebs House House"??
Say, "Hallo!" to the house that Beth and I LOVED
playing in as kids. It's in pretty decent shape, I'd say! I assembled it in the kitchen, so Sammy would be surprised
(and every great house needs hardwoods, right??).
Check out Sammy's reaction (=Jump right in!) and Brie's reaction (="Who put a house in my kitchen?!")
Here's the proof that Beth and I used to play in this for
hours:
The House actually looks pretty good in our "staged" living room, too.
Fun all day...
and even more fun since Dad fits in The House!
I'm so glad Sammy and Brie can stretch their imaginations in the very same play house that Beth and I enjoyed! Magic all around!
1 comment:
Yuu Sasaki
said...
Hello, lovely Defalco Four! :)
My family and I really enjoy watching Sammy and Brie's the recycled magic video!!
It's sooo sweet and cute!!
Thank you so much for sharing the cutest video with everyone!
Please send my huge hug to Sammy and Brie, until I will meet them in person, hopefully near future!!!
1 comment:
Hello, lovely Defalco Four! :)
My family and I really enjoy watching Sammy and Brie's the recycled magic video!!
It's sooo sweet and cute!!
Thank you so much for sharing the cutest video with everyone!
Please send my huge hug to Sammy and Brie, until I will meet them in person, hopefully near future!!!
Lots of love,
Yuu :)
Post a Comment