Friday, November 6, 2020

Spooky Time

This has been a spooky, scary season! From Halloween to the election, life's been downright fearful.

All joking aside, I have some fun to report! You know we love Halloween in our house, so I recently read Even Monsters Need Haircuts to Sebastian's class...



This was our jack-o-lantern this year! Everyone in our family loves watching "The Mandalorian."



Then...the kids dressed up for (virtual) school!
"Good morning, friends, I am a soldier."
Brie made her costume again this year. Anyone have a quarter for a gumball??
Sebastian's class watched a Halloween movie in the afternoon...ha!

The big kids also dressed up for their virtual recital! Here are the links to Samuel's and Brie's performances. 😎

Then we were ready to trick-or-treat (safely)!!
We lucked out on one of the most beautiful evenings of the year.
Our neighbors did a good job of setting up tables and candy for the kids to grab...and then sitting at a distance from the candy. For the handful who sat with a bowl of candy in their laps, we just skipped those. Sorry, not sorry! 

We've needed additional treats to stay positive lately, so Tony whipped up some A+ cinnamon rolls (our yeast supply is still going strong, by the way)...

Nonna sent her delicious Halloween cookies...

And I have a new favorite ice cream! πŸ˜‹

There's been some BITTERsweet jokes of late...
And there are the things that I love seeing while jogging...

Oh, and "The Mandalorian" is back...yeah!
Then we pivoted away from Halloween to focus on the scary prospects of this election. Here's me and Bas on Election morning. It reminded me of four years ago and that sweet, little face (and the heartbreak many of us endured). πŸ’™

I kept busy with cleaning and baking. This Morning Glory Breakfast Cake called for LOTS of grating, so it was perfect for nervous energy. 
We started with large margaritas. Can you see the fear on my face and the possession on Tony's?
This was pretty much us that night.
And then we started waiting. And waiting. It's been three days since the election and we're still waiting. I've got a good feeling, though, and hope it will be worth the wait! 

No comments: