And then we partied! No, really! Our neighbors have been cooking up a fun evening for weeks now and it included what might well be my favorite theme of all time: 80's Prom. When it was proposed via email, I wrote back, "Be still, my 80's heart." I was too young to attend Prom in the 80's, but I watched with envy as the teenagers in my small American neighborhood in Germany donned poofy dresses, big hair, countless accessories and splashes of neon to go dance to my favorite decade of music. And since Tony and I have been together for 20 years now, and had bonded over our mutual love of 80's music early on, I've often wished that we could have attended 80's Prom together. Until now...
Curating our costumes took some sincere effort. Yes, Tony owns a tux, but my dress (thank you, Valley Thrift Store, for this $6.99 gem!) and all the extras, including my tutu, pumps and tights...and all Tony's extras**, including his neon-striped suspenders and duct tape bow-tie...took time to accumulate! After weeks of prep, we were ready to rock!
We all met at Kristy and Dave's house for a pre-party photo shoot. Doesn't everyone look amazing?? All the 80's ladies...
And the handsome fellas...
Including Tab's husband Brian. He got A LOT of attention when we were out...several people asked for selfies with him since he resembled Joe Dirt so much!
And since it was Tony's birthday, I surprised him with a (second) cake! Woohoo! Y'know the ol' "bake one cake, so your spouse doesn't know that a second one was also baked" trick?? I used this rum-and-coke cake recipe and it was delicious!
Me, the birthday boy, and some new-fangled technology that definitely did not exist in the 80's!
We then headed to OTR for a ride on the Pedal Wagon...a first for all of us. We had to wait for the rain to subside, so there was some goofiness in the meanwhile...
Who knew it was so much fun to drink and pedal and then drink some more? The Pedal Wagon company provides a driver, so we didn't have to steer or brake (thank goodness!).
All three bars that we visited were hoppin' on Saturday night. Here are Amie Leigh and I hanging out at the Taft Ale House. We didn't stick out at all! ;-)
P.S. So much for our Prom Promise not to drink! We did Uber and "bike" everywhere, though...











No comments:
Post a Comment