Thursday, June 9, 2016

Master Bath Reboot

About a month ago, I came across a Duron paint book that my mom gave me a few years back...and my wheels started turning. "What room needs a new paint color?!" It didn't take long to remember that our master bath of nearly four years was pretty much one shade off of plain, old white. 
So I started looking through the various paint chips. What would go well with our countertop and the art on the walls...
And complement our shower and floor tiles?
So I picked out a brown that pulled from the darker part of the tile, a greige that matched the tile bull-nose, and a sand color that popped from a lighter part of the tile. Alas, Tony and I agreed that all three would work, BUT the brown was too purple, the greige was too gray and the sand was too pink.
We also agreed that the greige was our favorite of the three...so I hit the Sherwin Williams store (yes, with my Duron paint book) because they have greiges galore from which to choose...and the people who work there are super helpful. In no time at all, the guy I talked to gave me four paint chips that were slightly more beige than my Duron color (China Doll, Accessible Beige, Shiitake and Malabar).
We chose...Shiitake (of course)!! I mean, a color named after a Japanese mushroom?! It was exactly the shade we were searching for AND it sounded delicious, so picking Shiitake was an easy decision to make. And we made the smart upgrade from flat to satin finish. Here's the final result: so pretty!
The white accents pop now...
and the the paint complements everything in the room.
Check this out...it looks gray next to the floor tile...
And beige next to the shower tile...pretty cool!
And it's a good match with the hand towels that my mom sent over the winter. I remember thinking, "This would make a great paint color!" and it did!
Now the bathroom feels like new and is very easy on the eye. So glad I had that moment of inspiration!
Oh, I also gave our laundry shoot door a fresh coat of paint and swapped out the knob for something sleeker and more edgy. I think it works!
Now where did I put that paint book...

No comments: