Sammy and I attended his Kindergarten Meet-and-Greet this afternoon. It was really exciting to watch our five-year-old lead me through the school to his new classroom, greet the principal with an enthusiastic, "Hi, Dr. Finell!" and look for kids he knows, so that he could make them feel welcome when they arrived. We're thrilled about his new teachers (they have a combined 54 years of experience between the two of them!) and all the learning and fun that's coming this year. And most of all, Sammy is ready for "real school." Here we go!
P.S. I still vividly remember my own kindergarten meet-and-greet. I was very excited and nervous, and when I tried to use a big abacus on a desk, it fell off and made a loud crash on the floor...which was all it took to put me in tears. But I made a full recovery and had a wonderful year. It even included Buckwheat the class bunny and an annoying case of chicken pox. Something tells me Sammy is going to do just fine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment