Monday, July 28, 2014

Mood Board Monday: Pony Up

One of the coolest things that we discovered when we learned that our third child would arrive in 2014 was that Baby would be born in the Year of Horse...just like me and Tony!  The Zodiac Calendar may not be seen as important or novel in the States, but in countries like Japan (and China), the year you were born in is a common conversation topic.  People like to see if they have their birth year in common with someone else, and it's widely believed that your personality can be tied to the animal of your year.  It's also a clever way to figure out someone's age:  since the zodiac repeats every 12 years, then you can easily calculate the age of someone with your zodiac animal.  If they're a little older than you, then just add 12 (and vice versa).

Accordingly, Tony and I turned 36 in May, and Sebastian is, well, 0. 

This is likely why horses and ponies are on my brain lately, and they've been reminding me of the mood boards that people like to post...like this one.  So I've created my own Mood Board on ponies!
I've included Sebastian in his cute pony pajamas that a friend gave me when Sam was small.  Still super cute.
And here is the pony blanket that our friends in Austin, Texas, sent us.  They claim they didn't know that it was the year of the horse, but I think they're psychic!
Here is the New Year's card that our friend in Japan sent us back in January.  I framed it for Sebastian's room.
And here's some pony humor:  Apparently, if Brie were Noah, her ark would have been filled ONLY with My Little Ponies.  So much for saving the other species!!
So we get to share our zodiac year with Sebastian forever, which is very special. I look forward to seeing if he has any of the telltale personality traits of a horse (in China or Japan), but most of all, I'll always remember that he's 36 years younger than I!

No comments: