Thank you to everybody who participated in our poll...either on the blog or by e-mailing me. The official votes are in: 22:9 in favor of Baby D3 being a girl. You all definitely made your opinions heard!!
Well, Tony and I had A LOT of fun at our ultrasound earlier this week, and this is what we learned:
Baby D3
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
is
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
a
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
BOY!!
We were both extremely surprised (like many of you, perhaps??)--mostly because I've been so sick with this pregnancy (much more similar to my pregnancy with Brie than with Sammy). It was enormously fun to be surprised...and now we can't wait to welcome our second son this June!! And the kids can't wait to meet their baby brother!! Here's the most recent (low-tech) pic of him!
We told Sammy and Brie the big news by putting balloons in the nursery-to-be, and letting them open the door and be surprised. Understandably, we hyped up the possibility of blue OR pink balloons, so the discovery would be fun for them either way. They loved being part of the celebration!
The next step was to Skype with Auntie B and the grandparents, and let the kids tell them our good news. Sammy and Brie never got tired of yelling, "It's a Baby Boy!" and "It's a Baby Brother!" What made the announcement even more fun for them was to pop out of a box and yell the news; Gammy snapped this pic from her end...hilarious, isn't it?!
We all got a very good laugh out of telling Tony's dad the good news because he claimed that he knew Baby was a boy from our 12-week ultrasound...that it reminded him of one of those "inkblot tests"...and he had seen a boy. We made this little sign for him that he got a very big kick out of. ;-)
The kids have thought of many potential names for Baby D3, and the latest is "Friend" because Sammy can't wait to be his brother's friend...pretty sweet! But since Friend is not a likely contender for Baby Boy's name, and because we used all of our favorite names when Sammy and Brie were born, we're officially accepting any and all name suggestions right now! Don't be shy!!
Also, as this is the first time we've found out the gender, I'm certainly feeling my inner nester come out early. Can't wait to start turning our office/spare bedroom into Baby Boy's nursery...and to give all of Sammy's early wardrobe a good washing. The kids have had fun walking around the house and choosing toys that are appropriate for the baby, too. We should be very ready for his arrival in June!
More on our growing family soon! Stay tuned!
P.S. Perhaps I should have known that Baby was a boy. Last week, I saw my elderly neighbor in the produce section of Kroger, and (after asking if I would like to hear what she thinks we're having...) she said, "Stephanie, I think you're having a boy and I'm never wrong. Well, I was wrong once...I thought Queen Elizabeth was having a girl, but she had Prince Charles. Other than that, I'm always right!" Haha. Can't beat that track record!!
P.P.S. Or perhaps this blog post should have been entitled, "Old Ladies Know Their Stuff," because when we visited Italy in 2009, an older woman on Ponza saw Sammy's double cowlick and said, "That either means he's going to have two wives...or you two are going to have two sons." At the time, I thought, "What an amusing old wives tale!" Hopefully, only the second prophecy will come true!! ;-)
The next step was to Skype with Auntie B and the grandparents, and let the kids tell them our good news. Sammy and Brie never got tired of yelling, "It's a Baby Boy!" and "It's a Baby Brother!" What made the announcement even more fun for them was to pop out of a box and yell the news; Gammy snapped this pic from her end...hilarious, isn't it?!
We all got a very good laugh out of telling Tony's dad the good news because he claimed that he knew Baby was a boy from our 12-week ultrasound...that it reminded him of one of those "inkblot tests"...and he had seen a boy. We made this little sign for him that he got a very big kick out of. ;-)
The kids have thought of many potential names for Baby D3, and the latest is "Friend" because Sammy can't wait to be his brother's friend...pretty sweet! But since Friend is not a likely contender for Baby Boy's name, and because we used all of our favorite names when Sammy and Brie were born, we're officially accepting any and all name suggestions right now! Don't be shy!!
Also, as this is the first time we've found out the gender, I'm certainly feeling my inner nester come out early. Can't wait to start turning our office/spare bedroom into Baby Boy's nursery...and to give all of Sammy's early wardrobe a good washing. The kids have had fun walking around the house and choosing toys that are appropriate for the baby, too. We should be very ready for his arrival in June!
More on our growing family soon! Stay tuned!
P.S. Perhaps I should have known that Baby was a boy. Last week, I saw my elderly neighbor in the produce section of Kroger, and (after asking if I would like to hear what she thinks we're having...) she said, "Stephanie, I think you're having a boy and I'm never wrong. Well, I was wrong once...I thought Queen Elizabeth was having a girl, but she had Prince Charles. Other than that, I'm always right!" Haha. Can't beat that track record!!
P.P.S. Or perhaps this blog post should have been entitled, "Old Ladies Know Their Stuff," because when we visited Italy in 2009, an older woman on Ponza saw Sammy's double cowlick and said, "That either means he's going to have two wives...or you two are going to have two sons." At the time, I thought, "What an amusing old wives tale!" Hopefully, only the second prophecy will come true!! ;-)




2 comments:
Congratulations, how exciting! And I love those two post script stories :-).
I hope I'm that wise (and outspoken) when I'm an old lady! ;-)
Post a Comment