took some time to stop and smell the roses (mums)...
and headed over to the City of Montgomery parade and festival! Sammy and Brie really enjoyed seeing all of the cool cars, firetrucks, floats and costumes. As you can see, they also chowed down on many yummy treats! (And, yes, it was HOT!)
![]() |
| Gammy made Brie's adorable dress! |
![]() |
| Waving to the troops! |
![]() |
The books have all of the street names on them, including ours: Adventure!
![]() |
| See the joy on Brie's face?? Mac-n-cheese, baby! |
Also, in honor of the stars and stripes, I embarked on a little DIY project in the basement: painting stripes in the laundry room! I put them 3/4", 2" and 3" apart using 2" painter's tape...
painted with a can of Oops Paint that I bought for $5 at Home Depot many years ago...
let it dry a bit (about 20 minutes) and then removed the tape...
Voila! Looks like pin-striped wallpaper! I'm very happy with the results! :-)
Oh, and a little icing on our 4th of July cake?? Huey Lewis and the News was the local act (yes, LOCAL) at the airfield near our home where they have a big concert every 4th. We couldn't go since Sammy and Brie were hitting the sack right about the time he began, BUT we could hear the concert from our front lawn. SOOOO cool.
That's all. We hope everyone had a very happy Independence Day...we did!















No comments:
Post a Comment