{Wondering about my inspiration for this paint color? It came from this BEAUTIFUL gray and white bathroom that I spotted on the "Better Homes & Gardens" web site. It is by far my most repinned "pin" on Pinterest...can you tell why?? We also got very nice bed sheets from Tony's mom that were a similar color...and then I was sold!}
A few weeks back, our fix-up-the-bathrooms task list began with upgrading to stainless steel faucets, towel bars, etc. Once that was complete, our next item of business was to get rid of those big, ol' sheet mirrors that no one loves. We wanted to replace them with some modern, framed ones, so we hit the Habitat Restore and picked up these babies (there's two, but one is camera shy)!
Since the wood didn't match the bathrooms well, we decided that painting the mirrors would be smart. First, I sanded them and applied primer.
And the last step was to paint them an off-white semi-gloss to match the trim in our bathrooms. I'd say this mirror looks much better (and Tony looks suspiciously shorter...). What do you think?
So here are two photos of our half-bath before we removed the shiny, cream wallpaper and frameless mirror:
And here are three (we're so proud) after photos:
We think the new mirror makes a big difference! And then...as if to say, "Great job, guys!" we spotted this post on Young House Love and thought, "Hey! That's a gray-green that's pretty similar to the color in our half-bath!!" Happy day.
P.S. A little bit of design humor, anyone? Sammy and Brie love to come along with us to Home Depot and they think it's fun to hold paint chips while we're shopping. The other day, I told Sammy that I was looking at possible colors for our master bathroom and that he could pick out his favorite color. Can you guess which one (of the five below) he chose??
2 comments:
I'd love to remove our huge wall mirrors that are stuck to the walls in all of our bathrooms. They definitely scream "1991" - the year our house was built. Was it hard to take the mirror down? Any tips/lessons learned?
Looks great!! And because of your link on the right, I'm now a faithful reader of Young House Love :-).
Thanks! It was not hard to remove the sheet mirrors--each of ours was held up by four simple anchors/screws.
The only thing we'd do differently the next time is how I placed the painter's tape before priming and painting the frame. I put it VERY close to the frame (nearly under it), which ended up being very hard to remove after the paint was applied. Next time, I'd line the tape up with the frame and then any paint that snuck onto the mirror I would remove with a razor blade. Much easier than using a razor blade to pry out small pieces of blue painter's tape from under the frame!! Lesson learned!
Post a Comment