So right around the middle of May, I start to get a little giddy. And I start watching...and watching...from the kitchen window. "Why?" you ask? Well, every year without fail, my four hydrangea plants bloom at the beginning of summer and bring me so much joy. They are gorgeous!!
Waiting...

Almost...

FINALLY!



Of course I had to get a cute pic of Sammy and Brie in front of the flowers!

And the beautiful blooms have been brightening my days
inside the house, too!
Happy Summer, everyone!!
P.S. Have you ever attended a hydrangea festival?? I have! Here's the proof! When Jenny and Dan came to visit us in Japan in June 2006, we traveled to the Izu Peninsula and got to enjoy Shimoda's very own
Ajisai Matsuri (Hydrangea Festival).
As you can tell, it was
beautiful!!
1 comment:
We have some at our new house and I am on my own hydrangea watch this week. Being up north we are a few weeks behind...but they are opening up! I'll take a pic of Olivia with them so we have a set!
Post a Comment