Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An Especially Special Mother's Day and 30 Weeks Down!

Big kid Sammy here to report that time just keeps scooting along and I keep on growing...and learning...and becoming an even bigger kid! Let's start with two cute pics from a recent playdate with Lucy and Grace. For some reason, I'm the only one who's figured out that there's a camera pointed on me. CHEESE!!

This one almost looks like "See no evil..." but instead we're saying, "See my belly, See my ball, See my drink."


You know what big kids do? They take big naps! Let's just say that I was so tired I didn't even know I was hanging out of the crib on this day!



I recently was introduced to live music! While we were waiting for a table at a restaurant a few weekends back, I got to enjoy a band that was performing (poorly, if you ask Dad) outdoors. I really liked the music!!

Woo hoo!

Rock on!


Do you remember my good friend Amane? Well, her daddy is going to be a new professor at a university in Singapore, so they moved away from Durham recently. :-( Here I am (with lots of other kids) at her farewell party. It was a very nice party and I'm sad that she moved. {In case you want to follow Amane's adventures in Singapore, here's a link to her blog: http://eleanor118.exblog.jp/ Enjoy!}


Four-year-old Kai and I had fun!!


It was a very special Mother's Day for Mom this year. She celebrated her birthday and Mother's Day in the same weekend! And, not only was she celebrating being a mom, she was thinking about becoming a mom AGAIN! How exciting!
To make Mother's Day especially special, we got to celebrate with Mom and Dad's friends from college! My buddy Rhys and his parents Jenny and Dan had us over for a Mother's Day brunch! It was delicious and I had so much fun playing with Rhys, Tre and Tori (Sarah Leath Gauch's children) and Teddy (Brooke Adams Azer's son).
Check out the Chi Omega babies!!




































The weekend was even more wonderful because I got to see Nonno, Nonna, Auntie B, cousin Ralph, cousin Candice, Uncle Ralph and Aunt Anna.

































































Oh! Check out Mom (and my future sibling) at 30 weeks!!


















Here's a big first: I recently ate my first peanut butter and jelly sandwich! How American! Boy, was it yummy!!

Ooooh!


















Last two bites!


















I'm more and more mobile lately, too! Who knew that walking could be this much fun? And almost as fast as crawling?!








Off I go!!


You know what was a real treat?? Aunt Jan and Uncle Bill stopped by on their way to a wedding (in Raleigh) recently! They took us to Guglhupf, my favorite German restaurant, and I showed them my new soccer ball!


Here's my latest trick: blowing kisses! Watch out, ladies!

No comments: