Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where did April go??


Happy End of April! What a busy month it's been! I've had many adventures and now I'm kicking back and relaxing. Jack's tired, too!











The first exciting thing I have to report is my new slide! Isn't it cool?

Here I am at the top of my slide...thinking about how high I climbed!



I was so impressed with myself! Next stop: the big boy slide at the park!!






Does anyone else think it's sunny out??

Here are some great shots of me and Lucy at Guglhupf! We both appreciate a good brunch!
































Cousin Josh came to visit from India! He lives and works near New Delhi. I heard lots of neat stories about his life there; I want to visit and eat some dhal with Josh!
We all went to the park in Granny's neighborhood! I'm a fast crawler at the playground, too!


Can anyone see where Josh went??







Smile for the camera, Auntie B!




















Weeeeeeeee, Gammy!


















We went out for a yummy Italian dinner and I entertained everyone with a rousing round of Peek-a-boo!
Granny and I had so much fun playing with my plastic duckie!




Here we are after dinner! It was a fun night!



TV, book or basketball? TV, book or basketball? Judging by my physique, I bet you can figure out which one I chose...






















Mom put this photo in because Auntie B used to make this look when she was little. It's the "Am I in trouble?" look. ;-)







Look what I have now?! Just like Rhys and Connor, I have my very own "Sammy" chair!! It's really comfy and I can watch "Dora" in style now!!







































Silly moment: Watch out, all you Baltimore Hons! There's a new "hon" in town!!




















My friend Charlotte came over for dinner recently! Hasn't she grown?








































Another reason that April has been a big month is because I started swim classes! Here's a pick of me and my friend Abby (with her parents) outside of the Durham YMCA. We have on our game/I-can-handle-this faces.



I'm ready to doggie paddle and suck my thumb at the same time! Everything about me says, "Buoyant!"

Check us out! Abby and her mom Danielle...and Anthony and his mom Jessica are there, too!
Phew! I survived my first class!


Just look at how BIG the pool is! I swam in a chlorinated ocean!!


Ready for a nap (and that means me, too!).


As if April couldn't get any better, Aunt Diane and Aunt Katya came to visit me! We had SOOOOOOOO much fun!











































































We went out for North Carolina barbecue: yum!!




















And I got to try my very first Locopop! I liked Dad's strawberries-and-cream one SO much that Mom gave me the rest of her spearmint-lemonade pop! I put the whole thing in my mouth and had major baby brain freeze! But I came back for more!!


























We went to the Duke Gardens! What a beautiful day it was!













































Now these photos (below) are not at the Duke Gardens. They're in front of my house. Mom and Dad thought it would be fun to have a little photo shoot. The only problem is that puppy dog Jack could not be any less photogenic. The following pictures are the very best of the (very large) bunch. The best. Honest.
















































Hehehehehe...















And the biggest reason that April has been a big month for me is that I started walking!! I've been faking people out for awhile...standing up here, pushing a toy around there, but now I'm getting pretty good! Special thanks to all of my grandparents for helping me practice!!




Other fun things this fine month:

1. We signed up for the Duke Farmer's Market Co-op, so we're going to get yummy fresh veggies and fruit every Tuesday...all summer long. Check out our first box!


2. Lucy and Gracie (and their parents) came over for dinner. Aren't we a funny group??





I was a good host and let Lucy sit on my new chair (with me)!


3. I got a new pair of shoes! Aren't they cute?



They have good grip for climbing!


4. Lucy came over to play! We had a great time making a mess!


She put stuff away and then I took it back out again!


Lucy sat in my chair and then had trouble getting out. Silly baby abdominal muscles!




5. Gammy brought me a cool t-shirt (and Baby Uggs!) from Australia! I'm a real Aussie now!






6. Mom is now 28 weeks along and growing! Don't forget to take our poll (top right corner of the blog): vote on whether you think Baby D2 is a boy or a girl!!


P.S. New videos galore! Hope you like watching me crawl at the speed of light, learn to walk, enjoy my slide (with a little help) in the living room, play with Granny during dinner, and kick the soccer ball with Aunt Diane. What a great month April was!
















No comments: