Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy New Year and Lucky 13!

Happy 2010, everyone! Today I am 13 months old...I can hardly believe it! Mom dug out this photo from the Sammy archives, so you all could see how big I've gotten in just one year!

Haven't I grown??
































Even though I'm bigger now, not that much has changed. I still love books...and exploring!








I just remembered that I never got to share my holiday photos with you...and that includes Thanksgiving! We went to Keswick, right outside of one of my all-time favorite places: Charlottesville, VA! Look how beautiful it is there! We went for many long walks... That's Granny and Granddaddy Rob on top of the hill!

Here's a pic of me with Granddaddy Rob and Auntie B. We're celebrating Gammy's birthday!!

I'm saying, "Granny, did you hear that it's Gammy's birthday?!"





























What a great party!


Keswick is such a nice place to stay...we even went swimming in November (the pool was indoors)!!
















Here are all of us on my very first Turkey Day!
















We had a such a great time: hooray!

























Then...lucky me...I got to celebrate a SECOND Thanksgiving in Northern Virginia with Nonno, Nonna, Uncle Ralph and Aunt Anna. Nothing beats that!



















While we were near D.C., we visited Mom and Dad's friends Jake and Amanda. Their new place is really nice...and I felt right at home!



















Here are some fun (and funny) photos. Mom took this one of me because Granddaddy Rob got me this fantastic shirt at the Masters! I can't wait to learn how to play golf!


Here I am playing with my buddy Conor! Can you tell that he just told the funniest joke?!


I really do love books. This one is a favorite of my friends Molly and Henry. Now I know why!


Here's me being a big guy like Dad! Don't we look handsome in our matching sweatshirts?


I'm playing in the wagon that Abby lent me: so fun!


Mom found me and Jack just like this...up to no good!!

Here are more holiday photos! Last year, I was just a little too small for Hanukkah...but I really enjoyed it this year! Watch out for Dreidel Master Sammy next year!
















































I even went to my very first Christmas party this year! It was at my friend Amane's house! I had a great time...and really liked playing with all of her toys!






































Here's me on Christmas morning! Nonno Ciro came to get me and wish me, "Merry Christmas!" I hope Santa came since I wore my special PJs!


It was a fun day! I played with Nonna...



















and snuggled with Mom and Auntie B!


Here's me with Uncle David and Dad!


Check out my Christmas bib! I needed it, so that I didn't get sweet potatoes on my white sweater...


More fun with Auntie B...


Aunt Diane...and Aunt Katya! Lots of love coming my way!


























You know what else I did that was fun on Christmas weekend? I visited my buddy Rhys! Now that I'm bigger, we can play more. Here I am with Rhys and his Grandma!


I'm asking, "Meme, have you seen my shoe?"



















Gammy saw this photo and said that Rhys and I could be cousins! I think we are!



















No surprise, but Rhys had VERY cool toys!

Here are the proud mamas with their boys!!



















After Christmas in No.Va., we drove to Virginia Beach! I had fun there, too. I read books with Granddaddy!


















And played in the cool tunnel that Granddaddy and Gammy got just for me!



















The best was a sushi lunch with my cousins Colin and Alyssa! We've all grown!


















Three big kids!!

















Big cousin Colin is the coolest!!



















I got to celebrate Christmas a third time at home, too! Phew!

























On New Year's Day, Steve and Amy Shepherd came to visit us in Durham! Steve is a longtime buddy of Mom and Dad's...and his wife Amy is the best! We had a great day of touring (here's us outside of the Duke chapel) and hanging out. I really liked them...Steve is funny and Amy loves '80s music...just like me!

Also on my winter break outing list: the Museum of Life and Science! Mom and I are in Apollo 11: BLAST OFF!!



















OK. This is just ridiculous. Is it really that cold out? I think Mom just loves my new reindeer hat, so she makes me wear it on top of my hood. Silly mommies!



















We also enjoyed many good books during the break...so fun!

























































Did I actually ingest any of this cheese? But look! My shirt is clean!



















Here I am exploring again...
Come and catch me!

"Ooh! It's a beautiful day out!"

Go Hoos! It's our year for ACC basketball!

P.S. Today is Grandpa Ciro's birthday. Happy Birthday, Nonno!
P.P.S. Here are four videos of my new talents and tricks. I get sneakier all the time...and I love to talk lately!






No comments: