
Then we flew from D.C. to Rome and drove down to my Great-Grandpa's town of Formia. Here's the beautiful view from our hotel room!
In no time at all, I was learning Italian and spending time with my Bisnonno (Great-Grandpa) and my great aunt and uncle (to my left)!
Nonna and Nonno were REALLY happy that I flew so far to spend time with them. They loved showing me off!


I tried many new foods in Italy, including pastina (small rice pasta) and gelato!! Grandpa shared many ice cream flavors with me, including banana, yogurt and milk: yum!!
We went for many long walks along the Mediterranean coast...



This is me spending time with Great-Grandpa. He made lots of funny sounds that made me laugh!

I had already been on the D.C. Metro and several airplanes, but this trip was the first time I rode on a boat! Here's me by the dock...and the big boat that I got to ride on (behind me and Dad). That's how we got to the island of Ponza!

On Ponza, I met Aunt Maria and Uncle Luigi...they love babies!

And Mom, Dad and I explored the island!

I made many new friends while we were walking around. Some were friendlier than others...




When we got back to Formia, I spent more time with family, including Aunt Carmela and Uncle Jerry!

This is me spending time with Great-Grandpa. He made lots of funny sounds that made me laugh!
I had already been on the D.C. Metro and several airplanes, but this trip was the first time I rode on a boat! Here's me by the dock...and the big boat that I got to ride on (behind me and Dad). That's how we got to the island of Ponza!
On Ponza, I met Aunt Maria and Uncle Luigi...they love babies!
And Mom, Dad and I explored the island!
I made many new friends while we were walking around. Some were friendlier than others...
When we got back to Formia, I spent more time with family, including Aunt Carmela and Uncle Jerry!
And check out our great "Four Generations" shot!
We also read many books...
On our last night, we had dinner with Uncle Lorenzo, Aunt Cinzia and my 9-year-old second cousin Arianna. FUN!
1 comment:
So that's where you've been! Looks like you had a great trip. Welcome back! Can't believe Sam is already an international traveler!
Post a Comment