Monday, February 23, 2009

The Littlest Hoo in Hooville

This past weekend, I made my very first trip to Charlottesville. OK, technically, I went in April to see Bruce Sprinsteen when I was the size of a sesame seed, but this was different! I saw things! I learned things!
First of all, mom and dad got me all dressed up in "UVa gear." This meant that I finally got to wear the orange sweatshirt that Auntie B got me! I also busted out my orange-and-blue striped hat from Granddad and Gammy...perfect for a cool, sunny day in C'ville! Here's a pic of me, dad and mom on the Chi Omega swing. I was told by everyone that many important photos have been taken on this swing. I really like swings, so I was all for sitting on the biggest one I've ever seen!

Then we had lunch at Little John's on The Corner! Can you see me sleeping while everyone chowed down on yummy sub sandwiches and fresh-baked cookies? They better take me back when I can eat solid foods!

You're probably wondering, "What prompted this wonderful weekend adventure?" Well, mom and dad went to the marvelous wedding of Jill and Bob! It was at Westminster Church on Rugby Road and Veritas Vineyards in Afton. I heard that it was one of the most special weddings that they've ever been to and that Jill and Bob are the best and so are their families.

Here's a pic of Jill and Bob that mom took. Don't they look happy??
And some of the students that Jill works with painted Beta Bridge for her and Bob. Now that's special!!

What a great looking group!So while mom and dad were out enjoying delicious food, great wine and beer, and mingling with friends, I was spending some quality time with the best babysitter ever: Auntie B! As you can see, we had plenty of time for snuggling and cuddling. Her left shoulder was super comfy!
Like my baseball outfit from Nonna Maria? Can't wait till I can really play sports!

I loved Hooville...and I'll be back...

No comments: