Friday, October 29, 2021

Remember September?

As you can tell from our last post, life has busy these days! But I'd be remiss if I didn't post about how awesome last month was! The kids have been back in school and they're really enjoying their new teachers and seeing friends in person again. All three have had great soccer seasons and we survived one especially crazy weekend where we had SIX games in two days! Other activities have ramped up, too, including Lego Robotics League, which Brie is loving. Is it my favorite kind of nuttiness? Nnnnot exactly, but hey, it beats this time last year!

Brie's team got second place in their first tournament!

Blossom got bigger! And even cuter!

And we've enjoyed taking her to the dog park a few times. The highlight, thus far, was accidentally crashing a Doodle get-together. She was definitely the odd hound out! 
We continue to adore her!!
Our NC (and VA) buddies who live in Cleveland came to play and have lunch. It was a wonderful afternoon!
Samuel has THE BEST art teacher this year...it's the first time he's cared at all for art. Here's one of his newest works...all that's floating around in Samuel's brain right now. Pretty cool!

And (drumroll...) there were the two MAJOR highlights from September!

Tony and I saw Billy Joel at the Great American Ballpark! He. Was. Amazing. Still amazing! Maybe better than ever! We'd go again tomorrow if we could. 

We had the most glorious September evening! 
Our group wore masks, even though it was outside. It felt nice to sing along and not be thinking about our germs going everywhere. 

Laura from my dinner club joined us!



He sang EVERY good song...so fun to hear hit after hit. He would even offer two song choices and then we'd cheer for the one we wanted him to perform. Here's a little sample of what we heard! 

This was the news the next day: a sold-out crowd of over 36,000! So glad we were part of it! 


The following week...I flew to Virginia Beach to SURPRISE Beth for her 40th birthday!! She really had no idea that I was coming--after all, the Bar Mitzvah was in two weeks and we were busy planning--though Mom and I almost spilled the beans a few times...ha! I also almost didn't make it...I was in line at airport security when I discovered that I didn't have my driver's license...it was still in Tony's wallet from the Billy Joel concert. Oops! LUCKILY, after a little quick thinking and hunting, I found my Global Entry card in my wallet and the TSA agent said that it's nearly as good as your passport. PHEW! And, no, I did not drive while in VB! 

Mom and Dad had planned to take Beth out to dinner at one of her favorite places, but first, they were going to drop off a few groceries. Guess who the grocery delivery person was?? Her reaction was priceless!
Beth was even wearing the green and white dress I gave her for her birthday! 
Our meal was delicious!!
And if you know us at all, you know that we celebrated all weekend long...with bubbles...
And another yummy dinner out! We had gorgeous weather the whole time!
A sampling of our good eats!


Yes, to wine!
And birthday cake!

Beth's candid reaction to "Over the hill" napkins. 😂
Several of Beth's friends came from out of town for her birthday soirée! Darby brought balloons! 
We were outdoors by the Bayville golf course...such a lovely evening! 
Darby, Erin and I with the birthday girl! 
Beth and Courtenay!
Anne, Beth, Zina and Kristina--the Frances Kahn ladies!
Jon, Holly, Jay, Brandi, Kristin, Beth and Erin--the soccer table!
Beth with her teammates!
They even FaceTimed with former teammate Tiffany--she couldn't be there in person because she had just had open-heart surgery!
Amanda brought her brand-new little one Eloise! She wore her UVA finest!
Cigars, anyone?
Everyone wanted a turn holding Eloise. 💜
We had a perfect night and what fun to celebrate Beth!! I still can't believe that we actually pulled off the surprise. It really made the weekend all the more special.
I loved spending time with all of Beth's dear friends from over the decades. How well do they know Beth?? One of them decorated this bottle of wine with Panda's face on it for her! 💛
Can't believe November is right around the corner!

P.S. This was my second time seeing Billy Joel in concert. I went in spring 1998 with friends in college. We got pulled over for speeding on the way to D.C. Ooops! Nonetheless, it was a GREAT show!
P.P.S. I spotted this while at Mom and Dad's. So cute!!
P.P.P.S. Oy, the spoiling! 

No comments: