We just returned from a very fun and relaxing long weekend in Virginia. Sometimes what you need most is some quality family time, great food, and a trip down memory lane.
Our weekend started Saturday morning with a drive to Richmond where Beth, Tony and I met Mom and Dad for brunch. We unintentionally picked a restaurant that used to be a favorite hangout of Beth's, but now there's a new restaurant in the space (grill/bar turned gastropub). The food was yummy and we enjoyed celebrating Mom and Dad's 40th wedding anniversary with them. Such a great milestone.
Then we were off to Charlottesville for the UVa-Duke football game! We met up with our longtime friends Jill and Bob and their two adorable boys Tommy and Jack. Some fried chicken, delicious sides and cold beer later...and we were happy campers.
Admittedly, we were not exactly happy campers after the football game (We lost to Duke again?!), but it was still an extremely fun day. Speaking of fun, I reunited with a new friend in C'ville, too. The long story short is that Mary Kathryn (below) and I met at a Cincinnati playground over the summer--me with Sammy and Brie and her with the kids she was nannying--BECAUSE she happened to be wearing a t-shirt from my college sorority. One quick conversation later, we discovered that she was not only a Chi Omega, but a Chi Omega AT the University of Virginia!! Talk about a small world! It turned out that we have a lot in common and it was wonderful to get to know her. Our encounter taught me that UVa students are STILL very impressive, and that girls in my sorority are definitely STILL very impressive. What a good feeling for an alum!!
Back to Saturday...Mary Kathryn and I met up before the football game and caught up in person...and I gave her a little gift: my old blue-and-orange XO sweatshirt. It's a little vintage--given that it was mine way back in college--but I was delighted to pass it on to someone who appreciated it and could enjoy it. Spending time with her at UVa definitely brought back good memories!
Hangin' out on the lawn!
"Go 'Hoos!"
The rest of our time in Virginia was just as special with tons of family fun with our Northern Virginia family. Here are Brie and Sammy watching a little "Scooby Doo" with Uncle David...
Brie creating masterpieces with Nonna...
Sammy snoozing on Nonno...
Brie tackling the monkey bars with Daddy's help...
Giggles with Auntie B...
Snuggles with Nonna...
A bumpy busride...
And race to the top...
What a perfect mini vacation to Virginia we had! The kids got in some great quality time with family, Tony and I enjoyed catching up with old and new friends alike and, as always, we loved being back in Charlottesville. Here's to future trips that bring us so much happiness! (Oh, and maybe some exhaustion, too...)
P.S. Hey, Family! We're looking forward to even more fun with you all at Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

1 comment:
Jealous! I desperately miss C'ville. Hoping for a little trip when we head home in December. I'm determined to spend my birthday at the Biltmore just like in the good old days!
Post a Comment