Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A little Hanukkah fun...

The start of Hanukkah has excellent timing this year: on the heels of Sammy's birthday and right before Christmas. Can't beat celebrating for eleven days straight!

We've been very impressed with Sammy's art projects at school this year and his Hanukkah-themed creations did not disappoint. My favorite is the menorah he made out of wood and hardware nuts!!
 Industrial-chic, anyone?
So tonight we broke out Sammy's new menorah (strategically placed on top of a cereal box just in case we had a pyrotechnics glitch) with some pretty new candles I bought!



 And then we opened special Hanukkah gifts from Cousin Colin!!

Cars from the movie "Cars"!! Yay!
And for Brie??
 A new musical book (that was a VERY BIG hit). Thanks, Colin!!
From our house to yours, Happy Hanukkah!


P.S. Tony and I fell in love with this cute video last year...and I think we've been singing the song (with these lyrics) ever since.  Enjoy!

No comments: