Admittedly, winter is NOT my favorite season. I'm cold pretty much all the time and it's very gray in Cincy for weeks on end. But, this being our eighth winter here, I have to say that we're starting to have lots of events and occasions that we look forward to every year and which seem to break up the monotony.
Fun with friends! Tab's husband recently organized a big surprise party for her "Nifty Fifty" birthday!
We danced and laughed and were silly...
Love our awesome neighbors and the birthday girl!!
Brie participated in her fourth Cultural Heritage Night...and Sebastian joined her this year!Ready to perform!
Rachel and I made and served hundreds of matzo balls! Yum!!
The kids danced to "Paprika," one of the theme songs for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics!
"To the sky!"We attended our fifth Rockdale Family Retreat...and had a blast once again! This year's theme was #OMG.
Friday night was Lauren's 40th birthday, so we sang karaoke. Yeah!
Samuel:
Brie:
Sebastian:
More fun!
Samuel made this beautiful candle holder for Granddaddy Rob--it has some pretty cool army pieces on it. π
Bas doing Israeli dancing...
Dino twins!
Wreck-it Ralph!
On Saturday night, Tony and I participated in our favorite retreat activity...trivia night! Would you believe our team won again this year? I know you're not that surprised...ha!
We had a lakeside room. Loved our view!
At each activity, we collected a few puzzle pieces and then assembled them at the end of the retreat. They did NOT fit together well, which caused some serious crankiness for the methodical and orderly types in the room. Luckily, our kids took it in stride. Mostly. π
Requisite arcade stop on our way out.
Another amazing family retreat!
Super Bowl time! We were rooting for Kansas City, which meant ribs!!
I also tried a few new recipes, including this one with acorn squash...
And this buffalo dip!I baked for the Greene School Carnival! A lot.
We went to Maple Dale's first Family Dance. Such a fun night!!
Brie loved DJ Toad. She danced and danced...
Photo Booth silliness!
We had our first snowy morning!
And then we went to see The Sound of Music, starring Ellie as Gretl!
Ella and Brie with their celeb buddy!
As you can tell, we're making the most of wintertime...it's already mid-February. Full steam ahead to spring!!






































No comments:
Post a Comment